2.16.2009

02/16/09 God and Religion

My family had moved up to Northern California shortly after I went into the Marine Corps in 1993. On Feb. 22nd 1994, I got the call that something was wrong with my mother, and that she was in a small hospital in Watsonville, Ca. I spoke with a nurse, and she advised me that they were doing tests and that I should begin making plans to come up there. I bought tickets for the first flight out of LAX the next morning. But before I even made it to the airport, I had received the word that she was gone.

I have never experienced so much grief and anguish. I prayed that it wasn't so. I prayed to God to not take my mom away. But it was no use, she was gone forever.

We buried her in a small hometown cemetery in Mexico.

It would be almost 10 years before I could even talk about my mom without breaking down in tears.

Over time, I was comforted by the fact that she was in Heaven. She was able to watch over me, and be with me always. Not just in my thoughts, but her spirit was actually with me all of the time. She can hear me. I know this because of what she told me when I was young. Believe in God and let Jesus in your heart, and you will go to heaven. With God all things are possible. She was now my gaurdian angel.

One thing that I've always thought was special is that everyday, in some way, she would show her self to me. Not "actually "Show herself", but she would send me signs.

I would be watching a basketball game and notice that there was only one minute and forty three seconds left in the game, 1:43.

The cost of something was one dollar and forty three cents, $1.43.

It was exactly 14.3 miles to a destination I was driving to.

I kept seeing the number 143 everywhere, everyday. This was special because it was a way for her to tell me "I Love You".

I = 1, Love = 4, and You = 3 letters.

I truly believed without even a shred of doubt that she was telling me that she loves me, and that she was in Heaven with God. Mom could communicate with me from the dead.

It was the only thing that kept me sane. It allowed me to continue without her.

No comments: